SkySite Property and the International Council of Shopping Centers have been working together to green the retail industry since May 2008. The ICSC launched their Sustainable Energy and Environmental Design initiative in March 2007 and called upon SkySite Property to create and administer their sustainable retail real estate informational web portal. SkySite Property is a Chicago-based green consulting firm that educates clients on green building practices. Since SkySite and ICSC launched ICSCSEED.org four months ago, the site has been gaining momentum in the green community.
“SkySite’s collaboration with the ICSC has provided a one-stop shop for retailers looking to green their business,” said Jeff Grossberg, CEO of SkySite Property. “SEED provides a unique opportunity for retailers who want to incorporate environmentally-friendly practices or who want a complete green makeover.”
Visitors to ICSCSEED.org will find a wealth of information at their fingertips:
• Premium content, including the latest green news, research, white papers, case studies and best practices
• The SEED community site, with forums, blogs and other networking features on green ideas
• Online green building tools
• A green product and service provider directory
• Event, symposium and conference calendars
• New sustainability initiatives and technologies
“As SkySite and ICSC move forward with the SEED partnership, I expect the face of the retail industry to change considerably,” Grossberg said. “When more and more retailers learn that going green will save money while also saving the planet, I anticipate there being a race to the green finish line.”
Check back to ICSCSEED.org regularly as we are continually adding timely content.